Wednesday, July 27, 2011

day forty eight: making a board book/album

the completed hard cover board book
day forty eight and it has dawned on me we have only seven sleeps until we go on our big adventure to singapore to see my sister and her family ... we are all beyond excitement about this adventure, it is the first time all four of us have ventured overseas and seeing my sister again after months is giving me goosebumps!

today's pinterest 365 is board book binding tutorial from memory maker magazine ... i intend to give it to my little two year old niece blank so we can fill it with photos of her and her cousins while we are there (so she doesn't forget us!)
ready to put the pages together :)

making the spine and bookends 

the completed spine and cover :)
the tutorial is excellent and contains both sketches, photos, and instructions ... nice and comprehensive!  i made mine a 4 x 4" book and used quite heavy cardstock for the binders and for covering the covers to make it nice and sturdy.
i feel very proud of my first ever book!
outcome:  this little book is my first ever and i love how well it came together, can't wait to fill it with photos for isla :)  amazing how is easy it is to make a book with some really good instructions, might be my first but it won't be my last.

thanks goes to kim from memory maker magazine blog for her well thought out and illustrated tutorial on making a very cute board book.

3 comments:

Morag said...

your two year old neice will be very happy ;)

Trudy said...

this is too cute! You did a lovely job. :) I love your blog - great to have the pins reviewed and tried each day - thank you!

Jill's Journal said...

can you fix the link to the original tutorial? it isn't working. I would really love to try this.