Thursday, November 18, 2010

LET"S ADD SOME COLOUR

MME Damask Papers
I have decided this year to really simplify my approach.  In the past three years, I have made a determined use of my scrap pieces to complete each page of my DD, but this year I have decided to use only the red colour wave of patterned paper from MME damask range.  Love the feeling of warmth and Christmas I get when I look at these papers!  It just makes me want to bake Christmas mince pies!  The red will go really well with the time of year in NZ as well, given we celebrate Christmas during our summer season.  So the papers are gathered, tomorrow it will all be about the collection of embellishments, totally my favourite part!  Who doesn't love a bit of bling in their lives, even us linear gals like a bit of sparkle!  So the white is starting to look a little more festive with a shot of Christmas red ... totally loving reading and ogling everyones blogs listed on Ali's blog :)

HOME SCHOOL TODAY
As for home schooling today, tonight is our parent/teacher/child night (our version of report nights!).  We have a special dinner in our classroom at the art table and then each of the kids makes a presentation to us of what they have been working on during the last term.  In their own words they tell us of what progress they think they have made, the parts they have enjoyed, and the parts they have found demanding for each of the subjects.  It is a super cool night because we get a really good idea of what matters to each of them.  It is also a day when the kids take pride in their classroom and, yes, they tidy even their desks ... I love how proud they are of their learning environment. 

No comments: